Personal Data Protection
Singapore Senior Golfers’ Society (SSGS) recognizes the importance of a person’s privacy and is mindful of the value of any information that a person may share with us. SSGS is highly committed in respecting and managing your Personal Data collected in line with this Policy.
1. When and what kind of Personal Data do we collect?SSGS may collect, use and disclose the following data about you:
- When you provide Personal Data by filling in online or hardcopy forms when applying for SSGS’s services or feedback, asking queries, requests and other submissions;
- If and when you contact SSGS (i.e. telephone calls, online chat programmes, social media, faxes and emails), we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, cookies, location data, weblogs and other communication data, that you access;
- If you participate in any event organised by SSGS or where SSGS is a participant;
- When you participate in any lucky draws, competitions and events organized by or administered by SSGS;
- When Personal Data is exchanged during an accident or incident reporting;
- When members bring non-members into SSGS, Personal Data may be collected;
SSGS may collect the following kinds of Personal Data through the different channels mentioned above:
- Full name;
- Business and/or residential addresses;
- Business and/or personal email addresses;
- Mobile and business telephone numbers;
- Bank account details;
- NRIC/ID/Passport numbers and copies, if applicable;
- Photos and CCTV videos, if applicable;
- Educational history and qualifications;
- Next of Kin, family or emergency contact information;
- Membership details of other clubs;
- Date of Birth;
- License plate and vehicle registration numbers, if applicable.
2. What purposes does SSGS Collect, Use and Disclose Personal Data?SSGS may use the information we collect from you for any of the following purposes:
- To perform or carry out SSGS’s obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To enable SSGS’s subcontractors, third-party agents and service providers, to fulfil obligations/services as stipulated in your contract with SSGS;
- To SSGS secretariat and committee members to facilitate management of activities and events;
- To evaluate suitability for joining SSGS;
- To handle products and services requests and enquiries;
- To allow members to enjoy privileges and benefits from partners and reciprocal clubs;
- For payment administration purposes, including membership accounts and prize monies, if any;
- To administer and update your records in our databases; monitoring and maintaining a copy of your record of previous transactions;
- To facilitate the delivery, maintenance and enhancement of SSGS’s products and services;
- To plan, monitor, and enhance the provision of new products, services, projects, and planning of events;
- To improve SSGS’s customer service through your feedback;
- To facilitate data analysis and business planning purposes;
- To process your enquiries and any and all other ancillary administrative purposes;
- For communications, sales and marketing efforts and leads generation and publicity purposes;
- For vendor management and communications purposes;
- For government, audit and other regulatory purposes;
- For accident and insurance reporting and assessment purposes (including SCDF and SPF reporting, if required);
- For organization or administration of lucky draws, competitions, events and administration and distribution of prizes to prize winners;
- For internal reporting and/or accounting purposes; and
- Purposes incidental to each or all of the above.
By your submission of your Personal Data to us, you consent to the onward disclosure of your Personal Data to these agents or service providers (as set out in no.2 of “What purposes does SSGS collect, use and disclose personal data?”) and the processing of your Personal data by these agents or service providers.
We only collect, process, use or disclose such Personal Data, in accordance with this policy. If you are acting as an intermediary, or otherwise on behalf of a third party, or supply us with information regarding a third party, you undertake that you are an authorised representative or agent of such third party and that you have obtained consent from such third party to our collection, processing, use and disclosure of their Personal Data. Because we are collecting the third party’s data from you, you undertake to make the third party aware of all matters listed in this policy by referring them to our agencies’ website.
In this regard, please note that it is on your part to ensure that all personal data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct at the time of submission. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with products and services you have requested.
Please note that if you do not consent to any of the above business purposes, SSGS may also be unable to meet the purposes for which the information was collected.
4. Does SSGS disclose Personal Data to third parties?SSGS may disclose your Personal Data to third party agents, service providers to assist us as outlined under "What purposes does SSGS Collect, Use and Disclose Personal Data?" You consent to such use of your Personal Data by continuing to browse on SSGS’ website or if you continue to engage with SSGS for any of the abovementioned purposes.
SSGS will not transfer Personal Data within or outside Singapore unless it is ensured that the Personal Data will be accorded a level of protection which is comparable to the protection under the PDPA.
5. For how long does SSGS retain your Personal Data?SSGS will cease to retain Personal Data, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the purpose for collection of such personal data is no longer being served by such retention, and such retention is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
Note that our cookies do not have an expiration date and do not collect personally identifiable information.
7. How does SSGS protect your Personal Data?The Personal Data that we hold about you may be stored on servers hosted by our Domain providers. SSGS implements a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your submitted information. All electronic storage and transmission of personal data is secured and stored on managed servers with controlled access.
Although every reasonable effort has been made to ensure that all personal data will be so protected, SSGS cannot be responsible for any unauthorised use or misuse of such information and from risks which are inherent in all internet communications.
Your Personal Data will only be disclosed for the express purpose of delivering the product or service requested and shall not be sold or disclosed to any other company for any other reason whatsoever without your consent.